More Information Coming Soon!
UB Hacking is University at Buffalo's official student-run hackathon.
Enter your email address below if you're interested in receiving updates.
Interested in Being a Sponsor?
Please review our sponsorship packet.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate in the event?
- All undergraduate and graduate students of any discipline are allowed to participate in our hackathon! You do not need to be a Computer Science or Computer Engineering major to join the event. In fact, we highly recommend that you join us and maybe learn a little about how to code! For consent reasons, however, you must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- How do I sign up?
- Registration is not yet open. Rather than constantly re-checking, you can subscribe for updates using the form above, and we'll let you know when it opens!
- Will there be any food?
- Yes! We will provide food, snacks, and drinks for you all throughout the weekend, free of charge. Please note any special arrangements or dietary restrictions on your application so we can make sure to get you something you can eat!
- What do I need to bring?
- You will need your school ID as a form of identification. You will also need to bring your own equipment (computers, chargers, etc.) for working on your project during the hackathon and presenting at the end of the event.
- Uhhhh, do I need to have an idea or team before the event?
- If you did not plan an idea or form a team before the idea, dont worry! We will have a team-meetup and idea-congregation segment at the start of the hacking, so you will be able to start working on a project in no time! If you want to hack as an individual, thats also fine!