November 4–5, 2017
See the schedule for details, including times.
Davis Hall, at the University at Buffalo (see the map below).
Address: Davis Hall, White Rd, Amherst, NY 14260
UB Hacking is University at Buffalo's official student-run hackathon. Students are invited to gather at our event to create cool and innovative projects within 24 hours and showcase their achievements. Just bring your laptop (and other personal hygiene products) and we'll prepare the food and swag for a memorable weekend!
To be announced; stay tuned!
- Who can participate in the event?
- All undergraduate and graduate students of any discipline are allowed to participate in our hackathon! You don't need to be a Computer Science or Computer Engineering major to join the event. In fact, we highly recommend you to join us and maybe learn a little about how to code! For consent reasons, however, participants must be at least age 18.
- How do I sign up my team?
- Team sign up will occur during the hackathon and we will be sure to announce all of the details once youve arrived. Make sure that everyone on your team registers themselves.
- What do I need to bring?
- You will need your school ID as a form of identification. You will also need to bring your own equipment (computers, chargers, etc.) for working on your project during the hackathon and presenting at the end of the event.
- Is there food?
- Yes! We will provide food, snacks, and drinks for you all throughout the weekend, free of charge. Please note any special arrangements or dietary restrictions on your application so we can make sure to get you something you can eat!
- Uhhhh, do I need to have an idea or team before the event?
- Don't worry if you don't have an idea or a team planned before the event; a lot of people don't! We will be opening up a Slack channel once registration has closed so you can talk with other attendees and pitch ideas. On top of that, we will set aside some space for participants looking for teammates at the beginning of the hackathon.
- Why should I provide a resume?
- We ask that you provide a resume because our sponsors recruit from the event and want to see all of the cool projects that you have worked on and any work experience that you have. Show them why you are awesome and why they should hire you!
- Help! I have no idea what I'm doing!
- We have a team of mentors, comprised of industry professionals and CS/CEN upperclassmen, who will be providing 24/7 support for any team over the weekend, who needs help with planning how to start an idea or solve a nasty bug. We will have a Slack channel set up to provide quick support to anyone in need!
- Can you help me pay for transportation to UB Hacking?
- We are really excited that we can offer our out of town participants travel reimbursements! We will provide more information once registration closes.
If you would like to come on board as a sponsor for UB Hacking 2017, please review our sponsorship packet and reach out to us!